Follow the track / bridleway towards Gamesley Sidings, a 28 acre wildlife site made up of wet woodland forming part of the Pennine Bridleway and the Trans Pennine Trail.
Green Lane has existed for over a hundred years and originally lead to Gamesley Farm. Up to the late 1980s cows could be seen walking along Green Lane and up Simmondley Lane to the milking shed just past the Hare & Hounds.
The Hare & Hounds pub was part of the original farming community with the adjacent farmhouse, barn and stables converted into houses. The date stone above the door reads 1784 and a "B" over "G & P" which relates to George & Peggy Booth, the first alehouse licensees.